Advancing People and the Environment! Does that statement resonate with you? Do you enjoy working with an engaged team towards a common goal? Do you regularly question the norm and come up with creative solutions to problems? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, we might have the perfect role for you!
PGL Environmental Consultants is seeking a Sustainability Consultant
(24 – 37.5 hours per week based on successful applicants’ preference). The role can be based out of either of PGL’s lower mainland offices (Vancouver or Langley) and/or your home office.
We are seeking candidates with strong people skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Core responsibilities and job requirements for the Sustainability Consultant
- Facilitate Green Building certification (LEED, BuiltGreen, etc.) for our client’s projects;
- Coordinate compliance with municipal Green Building requirements for development and construction projects, including the City of Vancouver Green Building Policy for Rezoning and the BC Energy Step Code;
- Understand and effectively communicate sustainability and green building requirements and obligations to our clients;
- Write proposals and establish financial budgets for projects;
- Create customized sustainability scorecards for clients to meet municipal sustainability and Green Building requirements;
- Develop & maintain Embodied Carbon Emission Models
- Build and maintain client relationships and partake in business development.
- Help grow and develop a Sustainability and Green Building team at PGL.
- Contribute to PGL’s corporate initiatives.
- Degree and/or Diploma in the field of environment, sustainable development, green building, engineering or a similar field;
- LEED credentials are an asset (LEED Green Associate, LEED AP BD + C)
- 2or more years of relevant experience, experience in consulting will be an asset;
- Have a good understanding of the environmental issues and regulatory approval process for development and construction projects in BC;
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office suite products;
- Excellent customer service & communication skills.
PGL is committed to advance our people and company by creating a sense of belonging for every employee and by being equitable, diverse, and inclusive. We recognize that our community will be strengthened by the inclusion of a wide range of views and perspectives, informed by different backgrounds and life experiences. We want every employee to feel they have equal opportunities for growth at PGL and strive to include, embrace, promote, and celebrate differences of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical, and mental abilities.
If you are looking to join a great team that values creativity, collaboration and employee engagement please apply online (http://www.pggroup.com/join_team.htm)
This job posting will be open until Sunday, August 1st, 2021. PGL will start contacting successful applicants and arranging interviews via email, prior to the closing of this posting.