Junior Environmental Consultant
Advancing People and the Environment! Does that statement resonate with you? Do you enjoy working with an engaged team towards a common goal? Do you believe that you are in control of your destiny and strive for greatness? Do you regularly question the norm and come up with creative solutions to problems? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, we might have the perfect role for you!
PGL Environmental Consultants is seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant
to join our team. This role is based on 37.5 hours per week and based out of PGL’s lower mainland (Vancouver or Langley office) and/or your home office.
PGL is committed to advance our people and company by creating a sense of belonging for every employee and by being equitable, diverse, and inclusive. We recognize that our community will be strengthened by the inclusion of a wide range of views and perspectives, informed by different backgrounds and life experiences. We want every employee to feel they have equal opportunities for growth at PGL and strive to include, embrace, promote, and celebrate differences of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical, and mental abilities.
We are seeking candidates with strong people skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Core responsibilities and job requirements for the Junior Environmental Consultant
- Soil, groundwater, surface water, and soil vapor sampling;
- Drilling investigations (Phase II Environmental Site Assessments);
- Site remediation; budgeting, reporting;
- Reviewing policies and systems; and
- Contributing to PGL’s corporate initiatives.
As training progresses, you will be expected to supervise remediation and drilling contractors. Hands on experience in the field will progress towards project management, directing others in the field and preparing reports. As your career develops, report writing, and client contact will become an important component of the position. Ideally, we are seeking candidates with strong people skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Interest in gaining consulting experience is required.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Science (environmental, geological, geotechnical, chemical);
- 1 - 5 years of consulting experience with exposure to contaminated site assessments;
- Comfortable working on job sites (including but not limited to construction sites, gas stations, around traffic and heavy equipment);
- Experience with soil and groundwater testing is an asset but not a requirement;
- Ability to register as a professional (in-training) in the Province of BC is an asset (EIT, GIT, A.Ag., etc.);
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office suite products. Knowledge of EsDat is an asset but not a requirement;
- Excellent customer service & communication skills;
- Valid Driver’s license, with a clear driving record, is required;
- Ability to travel and work in potentially remote locations, generally in the province of BC; and
- Ability to work hours based on project requirements.
If you are looking to join a great team that values creativity, collaboration and employee engagement please apply online (http://www.pggroup.com/join_team.htm
). This job posting will be open until Friday, May 7th and ideally the successful candidate will start around the beginning of June. PGL will start contacting successful applicants and arranging interviews via email, prior to the closing of this posting.
PGL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are a full service environmental consulting firm with offices in Vancouver, Victoria and Langley (BC) and Whitby (ON). Since 1991, Pottinger Gaherty (PGL) has provided environmental services such as contaminated site assessments, remediation, environmental impact assessments, environmental permitting and air quality studies. PGL is an employee-owned company with approximately 70 employees including geologists, agrologists, biologists, geoscientists, and engineers, plus a dynamic and customer-oriented support team. www.pggroup.com