Phase 1 Coordinator
Advancing People and the Environment! Does that statement resonate with you? Do you enjoy working with an engaged team towards a common goal? Do you believe that you are in control of your destiny and strive for greatness? Do you regularly question the norm and come up with creative solutions to problems? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, we might have the perfect role for you!
PGL Environmental Consultants is seeking a Phase 1 Coordinator
to join our team. This would be 24 to 37.5 hours per week (depending on successful applicant’s preference) and based out of PGL’s lower mainland (Vancouver or Langley) and/or your home office. All PGL employees are fully equipped to work from home.
PGL is committed to advance our people and company by creating a sense of belonging for every employee and by being equitable, diverse, and inclusive. We recognize that our community will be strengthened by the inclusion of a wide range of views and perspectives, informed by different backgrounds and life experiences. We want every employee to feel they have equal opportunities for growth at PGL and strive to include, embrace, promote, and celebrate differences of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, physical, and mental abilities.
We are seeking candidates with strong people skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Core responsibilities and job requirements for the Phase 1 Coordinator role include the following.
- Source, research, and compile all the historical information needed to complete Phase 1 and Stage 1 Environmental Site Assessments.
- Review all Phase 1 documentation (air photos, directories, fire insurance plans, and other databases as applicable).
- Write portions of reports reflecting information gained from historical reviews for peer use.
- Prepare work programs and reliance letters for clients.
- Contribute to PGL’s corporate initiatives (including environmental stewardship and health and safety).
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Geography, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science would be an asset, but please apply with or without.
- A willingness to learn environmental regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., working overtime will be required at times).
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, changing priorities, and working on multiple projects at one time.
- Strong technical writing skills and excellent overall communication.
- Adaptable, resourceful, and an excellent team player
- 1-2 years of industry or consulting experience would be ideal, but not required.
- Knowledge of Metro Vancouver and the geography of BC would be helpful, as well as knowledge of Ontario but is not a requirement.
- Ability to maintain and design internal databases and mapping systems (coding/software design) would be ideal, but not required.
If you are looking to join a great team that values creativity, collaboration and employee engagement please apply online (http://www.pggroup.com/join_team.htm). This job posting will be open until Sunday, May 2nd
and ideally the successful candidate will start around the beginning of June 2021. All successful applicants will be contacted via email the week of May 2nd
, with interviews starting shortly after.
PGL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are a full-service environmental consulting firm with offices in Vancouver, Victoria, and Langley (BC) and Whitby (ON). Since 1991, PGL has provided environmental services such as contaminated site assessments, remediation, environmental impact assessments, environmental permitting, and sustainability assessments. PGL is an employee-owned company with approximately 70 employees including geologists, hydrogeologists, agrologists, biologists, and environmental scientists and engineers, plus a dynamic and customer-oriented support team.