Environmental Consultant (Hydrogeologist or Hydrologist)
You’re reading this because you’re not 100% engaged with what you’re currently doing or where you’re currently working, and you’re curious about what else is out there for you! PGL has the perfect role for someone who is a hydrogeologist or hydrologist (10+ years of experience) looking for an opportunity to come into their own, and help PGL grow our water resource services. Continue if that resonates with you.
Are you someone that really takes ownership of the projects that you are managing? Are you a confident troubleshooter and comfortable plugging away at a problem (and using your resources including finding the right person to help you!) whether it be an annoying spreadsheet calculation or a challenging project? We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, is flexible, and adaptable to whatever is thrown their way, is comfortable communicating with clients, regulators (anyone really), and enjoys providing guidance to more junior team members. It’s always also important for our consultants to be comfortable building and strengthening relationships with new and previous clients.
PGL’s purpose is to advance people, environment and business. We are 100% employee owned. Our team members are highly engaged and proud of the work they do, and we are a Top Employer in Canada.
We are seeking an Environmental Consultant
with a specialization in Hydrogeology or Hydrology
. The successful applicant can be based out of any of our locations; Vancouver BC, Langley BC, Victoria BC, or Whitby ON.
All employees are fully equipped to work from home or one of our office locations.
The successful applicant will work with our senior hydrogeologist and project managers and be involved with the planning and execution of a wide range of water resource projects across Canada. This role will help PGL to develop our water resource group. Projects include physical and contaminant hydrogeology field investigations; water resource assessment and impact assessments, and expert reviews of environmental assessments for our First Nations clients.
- Designing water resource investigations;
- Conducting 3rd party reviews of environmental assessments and permitting projects for First Nations
- Estimating hydrogeological and hydrological parameters;
- Interpreting groundwater contaminant transport and receptors;
- Evaluating surface water and groundwater connectivity;
- Conducting water resource impact assessments;
- Preparing of technical reports and applications for municipal approvals and authorizations under the Water Sustainability Act;
- Client management and liaison;
- Project budgeting and reporting and
- Contributing to PGL’s corporate initiatives.
- 10+ years of Hydrogeology or Hydrology experience;
- Professional designation (P.Eng, P.Geo) in the Province of BC or ON;
- Excellent at relationship building, and excels at business development;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent internal and external client service skills;
- Experience with mining projects and working with First Nations are considered an asset;
- Ability to travel and work in potentially remote locations,
- Ability to work hours based on project requirements;
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to perform QA/QC on work projects.
- A working knowledge of Provincial, Territorial and Canadian environmental regulations, guidelines and standards is an asset.
- 100% Employee owned organization;
- Employee and Owner Profit Share Program;
- Flexible work arrangements (any of the offices, work from home) and daily work hours;
- Medium sized organization; a lot of opportunity for career development and progression;
- Annual Company Retreat with the entire Village (we’re still figuring out what this looks like going forward with COVID-19);
- Allowances: Cell phones, Wellness, Office, Clothing & Costco memberships;
- Annual training and development budget;
- Professional associations and membership dues;
- 3+ weeks’ vacation & paid sick time;
- Competitive wages & benefits: Extended Health, Dental, STD, LTD, Life & Travel Insurance.
This job posting will be open until Friday, October 30th.
All successful applicants will be contacted via email the week of November 1st
. We’ll begin our virtual interview process shortly after the closing date.
PGL welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.